This plugin implements an widget which can show a different, page controled, rss feed. What I wanted was the last x plugin reviews on the page
with the plugin info.
For this I added an extra field to every page in which an plugin related id can be stored. This id then will be used by the widget to
replace the @ID@ marker in the rss feed.
- page rss id: gps-map-widget
- widget rss feed: https://wordpress.org/support/rss/view/plugin-reviews/@ID@
- result: the last posts in the feed https://wordpress.org/support/rss/view/plugin-reviews/gps-map-widget
When the page rss id is empty, there’s also a default title and rss feed to use.
The defaults are for use with the plugins. But.. You can also change the rss feed in the widget settings to only @ID@ and add a
complete feed url to every page resulting in a complete different feed on every page.
I use this widget together WooSidebars (https://wordpress.org/plugins/woosidebars/) so I can easy controle where the widget ends up..
- Activate the plugin through the ‚Plugins‘ menu in WordPress
- Add the widget to a widgetarea and adjust the fields if needed.
- Go to the pages where you want to show an specific feed and add the rss id
- Why did you write this widget?
I wanted to show the reviews together with the plugin info.
Za tutón tykač pohódnoćenja njejsu.
Sobuskutkowarjo a wuwiwarjo
„rss-per-page“ je softwara wotewrjeneho žórła. Slědowacy ludźo su k tutomu tykačej přinošowali.Sobuskutkowarjo
Some changes to the basic_plugin_class which, regretfully, isn’t allowed to have it’s own plugin anymore.
Fixes for WP 4.3
Found out that WP has build in support for fetching feeds which is a beter way to deal with rss.
So the plugin has been converted. The cache timeout for a feed is 5 min.
Also upgraded the plugin to my basis framework and fixed a few bugs and anoyances.
Fixed some minor bugs
- Made the plugin translatable and added dutch languagesupport
- Rewrote the plugin partly to clean up the code and avoid clashes with my other plugins.
Nothing much. Moved the ID field block to the side where it takes less space.
- First release