Adds an extra panel to the post/page edit page which allows you to enter the META keywords & description for that page in each enabled language. Also adds an optional browser title override (does not affect post title).
Note 1: This plugin requires that qTranslate is installed and activated.
Note 2: This plugin does not work well with All In One SEO and potentially any other plugin or theme which tries to set your META tags.
I’d like to thank the following people for their contributions (in chronological order):
- Victor Berchet — Help with initial localisation; French translation
- Benoit Gauthier — autosave bug fix
- Filippo Pisano — Italian translation
- Marcis G. — Belorussian translation
- Almaz — Russian translation
- Renate Kramer — German translation
- Rene — Dutch translation
- banane — Bugs with WordPress 3 compatability.
- Alexander of Web Hosting Geeks — Romanian translation
- Branco Radenovich of Web Hosting Watch — Slovakian translation
- Upload/Copy folder to your blog’s plugin directory.
- Ideally disable any other SEO plugins/features, such as AIOSEO and Theme Hybrid’s SEO functionality.
- Activate the plugin.
- When adding/editing any post/page, use the simple interface to set your META tags.
- You can also view a summary of your page’s META tags via Pages -> META Summary.
- How do translate my site title/tagline?
In Settings → General, use the qTranslate shortcodes, e.g.:
[:en]English title[:it]Titolo italiano.
(This is a feature of qTranslate itself, not of qTranslate META).
- My title is not as I expect
This often has to do with your theme and any other plugins that may hook onto the
There is no straight answer for this, you simply have to figure out what’s going on and look closely at your theme,
often in the
header.phpfile. See the comments on this blog post for ideas.
- Why does it not work with AIOSEO / other SEO plugins?
Yes, I know this may be a drawback for some users. It may be possible that they can happily coexist, but I only developed this plugin for my own needs and don’t really have the time to make it play nice with other SEO plugins, sorry! :/
- Why do I get a warning when downloading the META summary to Excel?
When doing this you will get a warning saying:
The file you are trying to open, '...', is in a different format than specified by the file extension. Verify that the file is not corrupted and is from a trusted sources before opening the file. Do you want to open the file now?
This is normal, because the file generated is not actually Excel but HTML. However Excel will successfully convert it, so just click yes to the warning and then save a copy of the downloaded file.
Sobuskutkowarjo a wuwiwarjo
„qTranslate META“ je softwara wotewrjeneho žórła. Slědowacy ludźo su k tutomu tykačej přinošowali.Sobuskutkowarjo
- Only load meta tags when displaying a single post or page. If you don’t like this behaviour, comment out line 163 of
- Fixed a bug when saving empty options.
- Finally added option for title hook. Included Romanian translation by Alexander of Web Hosting Geeks
- Updates for improved WordPress 3 compatibility.
- Tested in WP 3.0
- Dutch translation, thanks to Rene
- German translation, thanks to Renate Kramer
- Belorussian translation, thanks to Marcis G.
- Italian translation, thanks to Filippo Pisano
- Fixed bug with post revisions & autosave, thanks to Benoit Gauthier
- META Summary page now has view options, and a dropdown to choose language.
- Table on META Summary page can now be downloaded as an Excel file (BETA).
- META Summary page is now organised by page heirarchy.
- Admin pages are now localised, with help from Victor Berchet.
- Update to support field labels, as suggested by Victor Berchet.
- Minor fix and improvement in META Summary Page, thanks to Victor Berchet for pointing it out.
- Small changes to META Summary Page
- Added META Summary Page
- Compatibility with WP 2.9.1, Hybrid 0.7
- First public version of plugin.