Add the Dotdigital signup form plugin to your site and allow your visitors to sign up to your Dotdigital-powered newsletter and email marketing campaigns. The email addresses of new subscribers can be added to multiple Dotdigital address books.
If you’re not a Dotdigital user already you can find out more about us at Dotdigital.com.
Copyright 2014-2022 Dotdigital (email : email@example.com)
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify
it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by
the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
(at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the
GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License
along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software
Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin St, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA
If you already have the plugin installed, a message will pop up in the admin area of your WordPress account informing you that a new version is available. Simply update from there.
If you don’t already have the plugin, log into your WordPress account and follow these steps:
- Go to ‚Plugins‘ in the left-hand menu
- Select ‚Add New‘
- Search for ‚Dotdigital Signup Form‘
- Click on ‚Install Now‘
- When installed, click on ‚Activate Plugin‘
The plugin will appear as ‚Dotdigital Signup Form‘ in your left-hand menu.
Q. My site is hosted by WordPress.com. Will the plugin work for me?
A. No. The plugin can only be uploaded to the installed version of WordPress (WordPress.org), not the hosted version (WordPress.com).
Q. Can I select more than one address book to sign contacts up to?
A. Yes you can. This latest version of the plugin allows you to put addresses into multiple address books.
Q. Can contacts who have previously unsubscribed from my mailing lists re-subscribe through the plugin?
A. Yes they can.
Q. My contacts are not appearing in my address book. Why is this?
A. Check you have followed the installation steps correctly and that your API email and API password appear exactly as they do in your Dotdigital account. Remember that the API email is automatically generated and should not be changed.
Q. Can I send the user to a custom Thank You page after subscription?
A. From plugin version 3.4 it is possible. You can find the redirection options under the Redirections tab in the plugin dashboard. Here you can set up 3 options:
* No redirection (default): the user will stay on the same page where a short message will be displayed about the result of the subscription
* Local page: you can select a page from your website that will be your Thank you page
* Custom URL: with this option you can redirect your user wherever you want to. If you choose this option, please use a valid URL starting with „http://“ or „https://“ here.
Q. How can I insert a signup form into my posts and pages?
A. From plugin version 3.3, you can use the [dotmailer-signup] shortcode to show the form inside the post’s content. Shortcode parameters (works only when you use the form with a shortcode):
showtitle=0 – Hide the title of the widget
showdesc=0 – Hide the description under the title
redirection=“URL“ – Redirect the user to a custom URL after successful submission
Example: [dotmailer-signup showtitle=0 showdesc=0 redirection=“http://www.example.com“] (will show the form without a title and description and will redirect the user to http://www.example.com on success)
Since plugin version 5, [dotdigital-signup] can also be used with the same parameters.
Sobuskutkowarjo a wuwiwarjo
„Dotdigital Signup Form“ je softwara wotewrjeneho žórła. Slědowacy ludźo su k tutomu tykačej přinošowali.Sobuskutkowarjo
Přełožće „Dotdigital Signup Form“ do swojeje rěče.
Na wuwiću zajimowany?
Přehladajće kod, hladajće do SVN-repozitorija abo abonujće wuwiwanski protokol přez RSS.
– Address book and data field sorting has been repaired.
– Custom labels for address books and data fields now display correctly.
– Incorrect API credentials could cause a fatal error after upgrade to v6.0.0; such errors are now handled appropriately.
– We’ve replaced the romanpitak API client library with our own PHP SDK for the Dotdigital API.
– This plugin now requires PHP 7.4 and is compatible with WordPress 5.3+.
– We’ve started to bring the codebase in line with WordPress coding standards.
– We’ve improved handling of account info when entering API credentials.
– We repaired some errors to do with validating required data fields.
– Redirection now works as expected when using our shortcode in posts and pages.
* We removed some dormant code concerned with collecting system data from the WordPress instance.
* API credentials are no longer exposed in the stack trace in the event of a fatal error.
* If no address books are selected, contacts will now be added to ‘All contacts’.
* We fixed a typo in the spelling of ‚Unsubscribed‘.
* The plugin has been renamed and rebranded.
[dotdigital-signup] shortcode has been added to replace
[dotmailer-signup] (although that shortcode will continue to work).
* We’ve made a number of presentational updates and improvements.
* Redirection on submit will now be blocked if the form has errors.
* We fixed a bug to do with error detection in the
* We’ve updated our check for contact status when a contact is retrieved from Dotdigital.
* We improved error handling for invalid API credentials.
- Mod: PHP7 support
- Mod: Redirection url is always followed regardless of validation result
- Fix: endpoint discovery error where region ID > 1
- Fix: small calendar display issue
- Mod: the plugin is rewritten using the dotmailer REST (v2) API
- Add: endpoint discovery added – now your API calls use your regional API URL
- Fix: a few small layout fixes
- Fix: position of the shortcode output wasn’t correct in the previous versions
- All strings from ‚dotMailer‘ are changed to ‚dotmailer‘ due to a branding change
- Add: Redirection options in plugin admin, now you can redirect your users to a Thank You page after subscription
- Add: redirection attribute for the shortcode, which lets you use redirections locally from your form shortcodes
- Add: Now you can add the dotMailer form with the [dotmailer-signup] shortcode to your posts and pages
- Fix: Wrong input type in forms (String) changed to (text)
- Fix: Some code cleanup
- Fix: Now the user stays on the same page instead of being redirected to the home page after submission
- Fix: Remove warning in the widget if no contact data was saved into the DB
- Fix: Version number confusion
- Mod: Now initial default messages are saved automatically to the database during plugin activation, so users need one step less to set it up properly.
- Mod: Now user settings are not deleted on plugin deactivation. Settings are only deleted if you uninstall the plugin.