Add an event calendar to your website! Great for fitness centers, community centers, organizations of any size. Create event categories for easy sorting.
View a demo here: http://www.creativegraymatter.com/calendar
For more information check out http://www.creativegraymatter.com/blog/wordpress-events-calendar
Download, Upgrading, Installation:
- Unzip the
- Upload the the
cgm_calendarfolder (not just the files in it!) to your
wp-contents/pluginsfolder. If you’re using FTP, use ‚binary‘ mode.
- In your WordPress administration, go to the Plugins page
- Activate the CGM Calendar plugin and a subpage for CGM Calendar will appear
in your Settings menu and also as its own menu.
There are three ways to show the calendar on your site.
- Go to Settings -> CGM Calendar and change the settings to what to you. Set the page name to the url you want to display the calendar and visit http://www.yoursiteurl.com/pagename and it will appear. No page or post creation required
- Add the short code [cgm-event-calendar] to your page or post content you wish to display the calendar
- Use the php function call to display the calendar where you wish.
To display upcoming events
- Go to Settings -> CGM Calendar and set the Calendar URL to the full url where the calendar resides. Default would be http://www.yoururl.com/calendar
- Modify the List Format setting if desired. Note that you will still need to wrap any list in a ul/ol when called.
- Use the function echo cgm_list_upcoming_events(array(‚num_events‘ => 5, ‚tag_id‘ => ‚1,2‘)); and change the num_events to how many you want to show and the tag_id list to the tagged events, or remove it to show all.
- You may also use the short code [cgm-upcoming-events num_events=10 tag_id=1,2] to display the list.
If you wish, you can override the default css and print view template by copying the files, calendar.css and print_view.php to the base of your template directory.
Make sure your time zone is set correctly under Settings -> General or the calendar will be effected
If you find any bugs or have any ideas, please mail me. ryan at creativegraymatter dot com
Za tutón tykač pohódnoćenja njejsu.
Sobuskutkowarjo a wuwiwarjo
„CGM Event Calendar“ je softwara wotewrjeneho žórła. Slědowacy ludźo su k tutomu tykačej přinošowali.Sobuskutkowarjo
* Fixed a bug where the month display would display the first day of the next month incorrectly
* Fixed a bug that caused additional days in month view to link to the wrong month (thanks BrentP)
* Possibly fixed error with uksort.
* Fixed a bug where events starting or ending in previous years could not be modified
* Fixed a bug where the end date of the upcoming events list would display the start date instead.
* Fixed bug with expiration date causing issue when repeat interval set to none.
* Removed links to daily events when there are none.
* Fixed error with events repeating under „these relative days“ and the week view
* Upcoming events now go out 6 months looking for events.
* Added rel=“nofollow“ to navigation and blank cell links so that googlebot and other search engines don’t index an infinite calendar.
* Added internationalization for the text. Date formatting still to come.
* Fixed bug where multiple day event would not appear on later days on the daily view.
* Added two toggles in the settings page to turn off/on the Monthly/Weekly View option and the Print View option
* Removed the author from entries. Hopefully this fixes the issue where events were not displaying in the admin panel
* Added check for date_default_timezone_set so that sites using php4 won’t break. (Note: I’m not sure the times will work right with Day Light Savings on php4)
* Bug Fix: When editing events and an error occurred, the start and end dates could reset.
* Bug Fix: On some servers, saving an event, could give an error about a default value for level
* Bug Fix: Blank page on event deletion
* Feature: Added option in settings page to display the sort by categories above the monthly and weekly views or not.
* Fixed bug when displaying the upcoming events list on sites w/o pretty urls
* Fixed bug when more than one [date] in the list format would not parse.
* Cleaned up the admin settings page and added some tips.
* Added ability to display upcoming events
* Fixed timezone bug
* Added setting field to change the page title.
* Fixed bug where an expiration date on a none repeating event would cause the event to not appear
* Fixed bug where if the event expire date was less then the end of the month, the event would not show.
* Included jquery in header for sites that don’t include it already. Fixed some css issues to work better with the default twentyten theme and others.
* Fixed bug on sites not using pretty urls
* Added short code and php function as alternate ways to display the calendar.
* Fixed print view typo on line 266 – (thanks Jerome)